How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4379
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I sold my house last year and am presently renting at 820

This answer was rated:

I sold my house last year and am presently renting at 820 per month.As house prices have now shot up am in a difficult position regards ***** ***** am 69 this year on a small state pension and with no other income.Have money saved in various different places but dont want to use it all up on buying a new property and then have no disposable income to last for the rest of my life.Have you any idea how best to proceed in this situation I would be most grateful as proceeds from last property are slipping away in rent.Thankyou.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've been to the bank see if maybe could get a mortgage on somewhere bit better than small flats but that is not possible without an income and I am retired
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I dont think so.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Could I have an email reply please.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. This is really a difficult question to answer. It is difficult for me to say what financial steps you can take in these circumstances. Financial planning is best dealt with by a financial advisor. You may therefore come wider whether to seek some financial advice.

An alternative would be to see if you are entitled to any additional help from the government. You may be able to claim some financial support via benefits. The best place to assist with this would be your local citizens advice bureau.

The CAB would be able to assist with reviewing your situation and seeing whether you are entitled to any benefits. If you are they will be able to assist with your application.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you know whether a person is entitled to any state benefits if their savings are over a certain amount.Thanka.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I think you already told me about cab financial advisors.

Savings in excess of £6000 is likely to affect benefits eligibility