How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4399
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I am a former Police Constable. While serving as a PC, I

Customer Question

Hello. I am a former Police Constable. While serving as a PC, I have reported to PSD that a colleague officer had an abusive and intimidating behaviour towards me. An investigation has been conducted concerning my claims and found that there is no case to answer for the reported officer. Since I reported this officer, I have resigned from the force and received the Investigation Report long after I resigned.After receiving the Investigation Report, I wrote an Appeal questioning the integrity and the competence of the investigation and gave reasons why. I have sent my Appeal for the Investigation to be reviewed to the Investigating Officer. I had a reply since saying that legal advice was sought concerning police legislation and will the Investigating Officer will get back to me. My question is, is there any other way to appeal for this investigation to be reviewed? And also because I find the Investigation Report as being deeply discriminatory, I would like to talk to the press. Is it legal to present the Investigation Report along with my Appeal to the press? Thank you. I would very much appreciate your guidance.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: BS23. North Somerset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the press but did not disclosed any document
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am not sure.. Please help if possible.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not at the moment, thank you. I am looking forward to your answer.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you but I would prefer to have a written answer, I find it more clear for me to understand because English is my second language.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You would have to conclude the internal appeals process that you have undertaken. If you are unhappy with the decision at the end of the appeal then you may commence legal proceeding through the courts for redress.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

It is perhaps best to consult with a solicitor personally with respect to your options in pursuing legal proceedings.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

There is nothing that stops you speaking t9 the press about the case. I would however be mindful of naming anyone in particular. You have to be careful in what is disclosed as you could open up yourself to claims in defamation. However, if this is raised the claim would be of no moment if what you have said amounts to the truth.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much, you've been of great help. I will definitely contact you if in need of further advice.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You are welcome all the best