Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I want to know what route to take for an immigration visa

Customer Question

I want to know what route to take for an immigration visa for my wife, whether to apply in the UK, from our current location (Brazil), or start the process from my wife's home country?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet - we are waiting to submit the online application and then book biometrics appointment. The issue is time - we have flights to the UK booked for 28th June. If we start the application process now, we might have to leave Brazil before the process is completed.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No, the application itself is pretty straightforward, but the question of where to start the process is more of a challenge.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 15 days ago.

Hello! I am Solicitor4All, a law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

What type of visa is your wife applying for spouse, visitors/ student?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is a spouse visa
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am at work now and cannot take a call.

If it is the initial spousal visa you cannot apply for it from within the UK you must apply from her home country or the country where she is domiciled and has no restriction on immigration status. 28 June is not far given the current delays in the UKVI and as such you would be best paying for the premium service to be sure.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything. All the best.