How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1212
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I’m a hair salon owner which recently have been sued. One of

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’m a hair salon owner which recently have been sued .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: One of our regular client has brought her daughter to do balayage colour which doesn’t touch the scalp as evething is in the foil
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The insurance invalidate the policy as we went against manufacture guide line do not apply on chip child however her mum give as a consent the hair was not damage at all but now she want money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, consumers may be entitled to a refund, replacement, repair, and/or compensation where goods/services are faulty or not as described.

The law says the customer must first give you the option of providing the service again if it’s possible for you to do so. But they are not legally entitled to go straight to getting a discount if any of the following apply:

  • it’s not possible to get the service done again
  • it would take too long to get the service done again
  • it would be very inconvenient for you to get the service done again

In that case, the customer can make a claim to the court if the problem hasn’t been resolved. If you'll lose, you might be able to pay including their legal costs. However, I would also recommend contacting the consumer helpline here: Consumer Helpline

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She already got solicitor no win no fees and trying to claim settlement figure through them . For some kind of emotional damages .
And hair damage
Which obviously isn’t trueWe have fixed the hair second time for free but she still went to solicitorThe fact her daughter it’s 13 made her think she can get money out of usIn this case our insurance became i boli dated.

I understand. It would be advisable for you to go to an insurance ombudsman as they recommended. However, since they have obtained medical support to support the customer's claims you may want to challenge this, you'll have to prove it then. In this case, you would be well advised to formally instruct a local solicitor as well, you can find one at the following link:

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct?

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform. Is there anything I can help with?

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks I will need to speak with someone on the phone

No problem.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello is someone going to call ?
I will refer this to customer care for you and request that one of my colleagues give you a call.