Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My son received a cc for a parking ticket for my car at his

My son received a cc for a parking ticket for my car at his address is that legally enforceable
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are both in uk
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: He contacted them to tell them its not his car they said it was being dropped, then got a ccj letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its my car and not my address so how can he get the ccj

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Are you based in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
England
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No carry on with chat please

The parking charge may be enforceable because the parking company can pursue the driver at the time or registered keeper of the vehicle for a parking fine. 

When you agree to park in a site you are deemed to accept the parking site's terms and conditions regarding parking your vehicle. Therefore unless the terms and conditions were not placed in areas that were visible and the terms and conditions permitted you to park for the duration that it was parked then its unlikely you will escape the fine in question. Therefore before you pay or challenge the fine please consider the points raised because if you are not successful you could be facing a higher fee.

Do you understand what i have stated?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was the driver and keeper at the time so its nothing to do with my son so how did he become involved

I can only assume they have his details, which i suggest you ought to investigate why he is being sued for a parking ticket where he was not the driver and not the registered keep/owner.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I've never lived at the address on the letter and not had any communication at my address from them

Hence i suggest you investigate the matter before considering any payment.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you

Your welcome