Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I reported 2 of my parcels missing to my landlord on

Customer Question

I reported 2 of my parcels missing to my landlord on 22/03/22. They were investigated by both couriers and were delivered. I’ve asked for access to CCTV in the apartment where our post is normally delivered and have had no response other than the landlord believes it’s an ex tenant. The intercom system into our building is broken so anyone can have access into the building as the front door opens just with a push. The landlord has posted a note on our delivery pigeon holes saying they are not liable for any stolen or lost parcels. What can I do?
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Are you based in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
England
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 6 days ago.

I suggest you request the CCTV footage by sending a formal letter which puts them on notice that you intend to bring legal proceedings therefore pursuant to schedule 2 part 1 paragraph 5 of the Data Protection Act 2018 they are obliged to disclose the footage by law.

Using this will force their hand to disclose all information they have that can assist you with regards ***** ***** person that stole the goods.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe