How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 439
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

Is this service free: London, My son's father and I are

Customer Question

Is this service free:
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My son's father and I are divorced. I have discovered that he has put his live in partner's details on my son's online account with the school which gives access to all his educational information. I have not given consent to this. Unfortunately I am in a high conflict parenting situation with my ex husband. I believe my ex husband is in breach of my parental rights for consent, but I also think the school may be in breach by allowing access without my consent. It would be helpful to get advice.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That is the issue in a nutshell. Unfortunately the back story as to this person's role in my son's life has never been validated by any mutual consent, but her involvement in his education (I pay half the school fees) is a breach of authority/trust and consent.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 9 days ago.

Please note the following matters:

  1. My replies are in writing only. I am not available for telephone calls.

  2. Any call requests are generated by the website and can be accepted or requested by you at any stage. However these calls are charged as a premium service once accepted and the call will be with whichever expert that is available at that time.

  3. I may not respond right away as I may be dealing with another matter, however I will deal with your enquiry as quickly as I can.

  4. I only provide general legal advice to your enquiries. If I am required to look at documentation this will be subject to further costs which I will advise you of.

  5. I cannot provide you with legal representation nor can I act on your behalf creating a client/solicitor relationship.

  6. If you need urgent legal representation you should consider the following links:-

I will now deal with your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. I await your reply.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 9 days ago.

In regard the school only the parties with parental responsibility should be involved in this. You should therefore write to both the school and the childs father to inform them that only the parents details should be on the school system and shared with them and the partner should therefore be removed.

You can obtain a court order however it is both a costly and timely process for such a matter and you have to take the steps to address this directly with the other party first.