How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1215
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Single mother with 2 children want to find out what benefits

Customer Question

single mother with 2 young children want to find out what benefits i can claim
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ilford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: will explain if asked the quetion
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

As a single parent, you could be entitled to some or all of the following:

Also, depending on your situation, you can use the Turn2us, Entitledto, and Policy in Practice benefit calculators to check which benefits you can get.

You can check the benefit calculators website here:

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great help thank you kindly
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Could I ask another question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Yes, you can.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will it cost further by asking a new unrelated question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

No there is no extra charge.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’ve got builder working on one of my sites outside London I’ve paid him some funds up front as to the agreement between us now it’s nearly a year and we’re no where near finishing
I’ve asked him to value the job so far and then sort the difference out but he’s insisting he will finish the job but not doing so at the same time
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

In that case, if you believe you've been defrauded by your builder, then in the first instance contact the police with as much information about the builder as possible.

However, if the builder refuses to put the job right at no extra expense to you, your next port of call should be to get in touch with the people at Trading Standards. You can check their website here:

This regulatory body takes a very dim view of cowboy builders and other rogue traders and will be able to guide you on the correct steps you should take.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

No problem. We are always happy to help.

Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
I had £50 just taken out of my account but I already paid £5 for asking the question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 4 hours ago.

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don't have access to customer billings. If you want to query anything about billing and charges, please contact customer services directly: