Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

How much does it cost to ask a question? UK, none, I want to

Customer Question

How much does it cost to ask a question?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know if i can use the business name "Mind the Gap ltd." or if it is copyrighted by London transport services
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

May I confirm if you have carried out any trademark search to date please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No i have not
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

thank you. you can carry out a search of trademarks at the following link:

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmtext

Based on my initial search there are a substantial number of trademarks for that phrase not least among them being as one would expect, transport for London. As such you would be restricted in terms of being able to use that phrase as a name of a business on fear of trademark violation. Many trademark owners vigorously enforce their rights under trademark and I would expect TFL to have a relatively effective intellectual property enforcement process as they likely make fairly considerable sums from licensing products using the iconic phrase.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you I don't need any more help
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 6 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.