Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Just want to know which SIC code to choose if we (a start

Customer Question

Hi there. Just want to know which SIC code to choose if we (a start up) will be launching Online faith education for 5-7 years old by means on pre-recorded vidoes including animation, puppets and a presenter presenting the content?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK with the target audience being local as well as global
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The company is registered and the soft launch or beta testing will be latest by June
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. Thank you. Just need to kow which SIC code to go for. This is for legal purposes (Companies House) as well as for Insurance purposes as no insurance company is offering Employers Limited Liability for religious education providers
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

What code were you considering ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am looking to get a legally sound suggestion as to which code should work from an expert.My major concern is not only should the code be legally correct but that I can also get the relevant mandatory insurance coverage. As no one is offering insurance coverage to companies offering religious education. Atleast, I can't find any.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Having reviewed your enquiry it appears to be outside my area of expertise. I will therefore opt out for a more suitable expert to response. Please do not respond to this thread as it will delay the reassignment process.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, I will look to assist

You should go with 85520, cultural education. Religion is part of ones culture so it would fall under that but should enable you to get insurance. I trust this assists