How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1259
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Just a questian regarding travel, traveling to spain, none

This answer was rated:

just a questian regarding travel
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: traveling to spain
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none so far
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not at the moment

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

May I confirm what is your question, please? Thank you.

MARTINT330 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is regarding travelling to Spain this year

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct? Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i was just wondering does Accusations count against travelling from one country to another

No only convictions. Can you provide some further information?

Generally, no - the Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 give you the right to have a copy of any personal data held about you.

If you would like a copy of your police records for your own reference, you can apply for a Subject Access Request through the Association of Chief Police Officers’ (ACPO) Criminal Record Office (ACRO). They provide a Subject Access Request service for the majority of police forces and you can apply online or by post. If you cannot find your police force listed on the ACPO website you can request the records through the Public Access or Data Protection Office of your regional police force headquarters.

The application is free and the forms are usually available to download on the relevant police force’s website. The police have up to 40 days to issue your certificate. Your Subject Access certificate will provide a copy of your Police National Computer (PNC) record. This will include details of all spent and unspent convictions, cautions, final warnings, and reprimands, as well as penalty notices, arrests that resulted in no further action (NFA), and not guilty verdicts in court.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
does this apply to visa-free countries?

Yes indeed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if i travel to Barcelona this year and they check my background when i land what do i do
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
With regards ***** ***** bringing out ETIAS next year do i have to delcare accusations on it.

In such cases, it would be better for you to apply for a Subject Access Request through the Association of Chief Police Officers’ (ACPO) Criminal Record Office (ACRO) to ensure you do not have any criminal records that could hinder your travel.

As to your other query, you only have to declare your convictions, not accusations.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i have nothing to worry really in regards ***** ***** to spain this year or in future

Yes exactly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** to know the nature of the accusation?

I believe if it's only a mere accusation, there's no need for you to worry especially if these are false allegations.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thank you

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.