MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My motor insurance are not giving me the reasons why they

Customer Question

My motor insurance are not giving me the reasons why they are not indemnifying a 3rd party motor claim, and as such they've asked me seek independent legal advice, can you please help
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Engalnd
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Issued me letter from solicitors not indemnifying claim and told me to seek independent legal advice I called them but they not giving me any info
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In such cases, your insurer may refuse to pay your claim because:

- the policy was not in force when what you're claiming happened
- the policy is invalid because you didn't tell the truth when you applied for insurance or failed to disclose something which could affect your claim (for policies taken out, renewed, or changed before 6 April 2013)
- the policy is invalid because you deliberately or carelessly withheld information or misled your insurers (for policies taken out, renewed, or changed after 6 April 2013)
- the item is not covered by your policy
- there is an exclusion clause in the policy which means that you can't claim for what's happened
- you've missed some of the instalments of your premium
- you didn't tell your insurer about a change in your circumstances
- you haven't followed the claims process correctly
- you haven't kept to a condition of your policy
- you have exaggerated the claim and are trying to claim for more than you should.

Please note that your insurer must give you a reason for refusing to pay your claim. You should check the details of your policy carefully to make sure that their decision is reasonable.

However, if you think your insurer is being unreasonable in refusing your claim, you can try to negotiate with them. If you are still not satisfied with the way your claim has been dealt with, you can make a complaint using their complaints process.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.