12826847

I got banned by Uber. I was wondering if I can get help

Customer Question

I got banned by Uber. I was wondering if I can get help getting back on the Platform to work
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Why were you banned?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer took a picture of me while I had phone in my hand whilst driving and reported that they did not feel safe. Happened 2.5 years ago. But I still have my TFL license
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Oh i see.

you were adriver?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am a driver
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

You can appeal the refusal of TFL to licence you.

However, I have to give you realistic advice. Its very unlikely to succeed. That said, the risks are fairly low as the worst that will happen is that they will say no and you will lose a small amount of money so you may as well.

But they are very risk adverse I’m afraid.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I still have my TFL license. Uber just took me off the platform
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Yes, I understand.   You can appeal as I said.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do you mean to appeal the refusal of TFL to license me. Didn’t quite get that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

That you can appeal the removal by Uber.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It was over 2.5 years ago would I be able to still do it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Yes, but bear in mind what i said.