MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I'm not too sure, I am going through an acrimonious divorce

Customer Question

Good evening,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm not too sure, I am going through an acrimonious divorce and i just need someone who can point me out to the right direction
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have gone as far as the Decree Nisi and could apply for the D. Absolute since end of MArch, going through mediation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it seems my (ex) husband is using my younger son in order to avoid paying costs but also in order to stay in the house longer, my son will be 18 in June
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

May I ask what is your ideal outcome to the situation, please? Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
good evening, thank you for your assistance.
My ideal outcome : to move out of the rented room im currently in, so i canhave access to both my sons; the only way, is to sell the house. My husband had just become a carer for our son on account of him having "severe" learning issues, which i am quite surprised as in my opinion it is a way of getting out of the divorce costs and remaining in the house
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my son was never diagnosed with other than mild difficulties and my husband always downplayed this, especially in recent years.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We are currently going through mediation

In general, the mediator will talk to you - both sides separately to hear your version of events, and, if agreed, may then bring all the participants together to talk. In this case, you will have to tell the mediator regarding your concern about your husband.

They are there to assist with your negotiation so both sides can hopefully reach a settlement you agree on.

Mediators are experts in communication and understand the strong emotions that can be generated when you are in dispute with your ex-husband.

The mediator will help you consider different options to resolve your dispute.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no, that's fine. Thank you for your time.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.