How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7227
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Whare the rules about boundary fences. South Lakeland 1984

This answer was rated:

whare the rules about boundary fences.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Lakeland 1984 properties Sedgwick court
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My new neighbour wants to build a solid (no Light gets through). 2 metres high. This severly stops light getting through. Can they do this even though the fence belongs to me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want the fence to be replaced like for like 1.5 meteres high with planks 5 inches high (130 mm) with an onverall height of 1.5 metres

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Who owns the boundry?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I own the boundary.

Then as you own the boundary it is your fence and your choice what you put there, not the neighbours choice.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I own the boundary I want the fence to be constructed like for like. equivalent reconstruction. Just my neighbour wants to build a solid fence 2 metrtes high that will let no light through to my shaded garden. Can i object to their plans.

You do not need to agree with them, the boundary is yours so your choice what you put back up

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
can i speak to local authority about this?

If you wish to. The local planning office would be the correct department

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i own the boundary.

Then as advised above , you get to decide what goes there as it is your boundary

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you