How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4045
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I need to know whether there are regulations over how far

Customer Question

I need to know whether there are regulations over how far from a road the entrance to a garage has to be
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is in Berkhamsted, U.K. - Hertfordshire.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Aland owner has applied for planning permission for a garage 10 metres long by 5 deep and he will build it so that the three doors to the garage debouch directly onto a busy private road. the distance from the door of the garage to the surface of the raod is less than six inches. I think this will be very dangerous, as he won't be able to see what is coming until he is half way out of the garage and halfway onto the road.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.Customer: Chat is completed
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the question.   This is not a specific law, it will vary from each local authority.  If you do not agree with the decision that a has been made you can ask for an appeal and explanation as to they this has been decided (i.e. any bylaws etc.).  If you do not succeed at appeal, and you feel the law has been incorrectly applied you could potentially look at a Judicial Review on the matter.  You can of course object to the planning permission in the first instance.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.