MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I run a company on behalf of someone else. Our lease runs

Customer Question

I run a company on behalf of someone else. Our lease runs out at midnight tonight and it has not been signed can our landlord refuse us entry to the premises tomorrow with out a signed lease?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I hope that makes sense?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

To answer your enquiry, no, the landlord should not refuse your entry.

The fact you and the landlord do not sign yet the lease agreement does not affect either of your statutory legal rights. Both parties are still protected by statutory/common law.

You are still entitled to all the statutory rights, including water, heating, a safe environment, access to the property, etc. In a similar vein, you are still obligated to pay rent on time and take reasonable care of the property.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there a law which this is stated in?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is a commercial property
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
its a commercial lease
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Your statutory rights are your rights under the law. Generally, the Consumer Rights Act gives you statutory rights.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Yes, I am aware that this is a commercial lease.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where do i find the wording in the law?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

You can refer to this reference: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where abouts?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much. Hope you have a good evening
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.