Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a small retail business and lease a shop from a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a small retail business and lease a shop from a landlord. I have been there for 2 years, 18 months as a sublet from the previous lessee and 6 months direct to the landlord. I received the new lease but didn’t sign it as I didn’t agree with one of the sections and now need to leave the premises. I need to know if I am bound to the terms of the lease I haven’t signed or if I can give him 2 months notice without penalty?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Devon England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none so far, I’m worried sick
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have always paid my rent on time and am up to date with all utilities. Can you tell me how much this will cost please?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 15 days ago.

Hello there, how do you do? I am Solicitor4All. I am law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

The terms and conditions of your lease will dictate if the unsigned lease binds you. If it does not say in the Lease then you have a periodic lease you would give the notice period that is stated in the lease.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist and to clarify anything. Feel free to come back with any additional questions. All the best,