james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I've got a big problem here. And need help.

Customer Question

Hi there I've got a big problem here. And need help.
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Please explain the problem so I can see how to help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
On Monday 9th May 2022 I had a phone call from a male saying that I've been approved for a £1000 loan. The monthly payment is £75 to pay off the loan every month coming out of my bank account. I've not gave him my account details a tall.
He said to me that to get this £1000 loan, I need to pay £75 into a bank account before I get loan from him. So he gave me these account details name on account Valerija Sautica sort code 23-69-72 account number 29771551 reference number A1902 so I've put the £75 into this account number.So today Tuesday 10th May 2022 I phoned up my Co-operative bank and asked them to see if the payment was sent out, and they said yes. They also told me that he may be a
frauder. And they also told me that the payment went into a bank account called
Prepay technologies ltd.
I want my £75 back ASAP.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

let me look at this a minute.

Prepay technologies ltd is a genuine company  and registered with the financial conduct authority.

Valerija Sautica I can find no information on. They are not registered with the FCA and would need to be so to offer financial services like they are doing.

Thos is usually a good indicator that they are a scam.

Unfortunately because you made the transfer to them, you bank are not liable for your loss.

Therefore if you have been the victim of a scam, you need to report how to the police and they can investigate.

You should report the possible scam to action fraud the police fraud site.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's the name of the Bank prepay technologies where the £75 went into. My Co-operative bank told me today
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you know there email address please

understood. If you are a victim of a scam, the police would at least have a bank link to follow to find the person and hopefully get your money back.

***@******.***

tel:08453035303

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.