How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8978
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

PLCLEGAL RE: My divorce consent order. If my ex husband

Customer Question

RE: My divorce consent order. If my ex husband didn’t follow what is on the agreement on the consent order, how can I claim for the penalty? Thank you
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

I’ll review and come back to you as soon as I can.

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Please help me before I answer by just reminding me if you have had your final order yet or not and whether this will involve a payment of a lump sum as part of the agreement?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Part of the consent order :
“AND UPON it being agreed between the parties that the Respondent will be available to spend 4
months of the year to take care of the parties' child, (name). If the Respondent is unable to be
available for 4 months - a penalty of 1,000 per week to be paid to the Applicant.”How can I claim the penalty when he failed to follow the agreement? Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Of course, happy to help. You will need to submit a D11 application for implementation of the order as drafted (under the liberty to apply provision), specifically implementation of the penalty clause as per this recital.

You can find the D11 at

Is there anything more I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please I will select the option for you to call me. Give me 5 mins. Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

I'm not available for a call this evening but we can line something up for during working hours if that helps.

Can I clarify anything more in terms of the specific question you asked this evening?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi I will request to have a call back from you tomorrow morning then. Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

No problem at all.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

I didn't hear from you again, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Have a great day!