Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I’m contacting on behalf of my fiancé she tried to transfer

Customer Question

Hi I’m contacting on behalf of my fiancé she tried to transfer some money to me and the bank didn’t finalised the transfer they have blocked the money and we have been contacting them and we have been tn the branch as well
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I’m in the United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: as the bank requires to go to the nearest bank with the card and form of Identity
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we have been told that she will be contacting by the bank with a translator but they never did it been like 2 weeks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question.

My name is Stuart.

It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

You will receive an email when I reply.

How much money is involved here?

Is the kind of money that would normally go in and out of your bank account?.

Is it coming from a foreign country? I need as much background detail as possible please. Thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it about 1000£ that’s been put in the account on the 03/05/2022 or 04/05/2022 they have not been taken no action on our request we have cooperated as they have requested but still not answering
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

How much money is involved here?

Is it coming from a foreign country? I need as much background detail as possible please.

I am off-line now until tomorrow but will pick this up then.. Thank you. Kind regards

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it nothing from above
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

So, your fiancé trying to transfer a grand to you in the bank have blocked it.

It’s as simple as that.

Well, welcome to the club.

It depends on what bank it is because I tried to transfer £2k to my secretary from HSBC to NEW INTERNET BANK bank and my blank blocked it.

After 2 days I gave up and told her that unless she got a proper bank, I’m afraid the she wasn’t going to get paid. So we went back to her original bank and she got paid.

Somebody else recently asked me to pay some money into NEW INTERNET BANK and I refused. I said I couldn’t be bothered going through all the rigmarole again stop I don’t know what the problem is.

So if it was one of those newfangled banks which have popped up suddenly such as Monzo, Sparrow, or whatever, then I can understand what the problem is because I had the same thing.

After 3 days I gave up.

Banks are paranoid about money laundering and that this is a high street bank, and they want you to go to the nearest bank with utility bills passport driving licence et cetera et cetera then you have no option but to go and do it.

If the bank are being unnecessarily awkward than you only really have 3 options and they are initially, making a complaint, (which must be in writing) and thereafter, either taking them to court to sort whatever the problem is and/or making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

There is a process that you need to go through although you can phone them, you will need to put everything in writing

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm:

However you dress it up and whatever I say they can or cannot do, you cannot beat them with a blunt instrument until such time as they sort this out and they really are your only remedies.

There is no magic answers of this.

I’m sorry, I know this is not the answer you wanted but the question is extremely common. It’s becoming more common unfortunately.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have done it that’s the hole problem
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok no problem have a great night Mr Stuart
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Good morning. Hello again.

I don’t know what you’ve done or what bank it is.

Have you made a complaint in writing,

have you complain to the financial ombudsman,

have you threatened court proceedings?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Nope that’s why I’m here speaking to you so I can see what action I can take in the fallowing week
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just giving them some time
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

In my opinion this is urgent and therefore I wouldn’t be giving them a lot of time and I think they probably had enough time now.

Which bank is it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Natwest
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. They are not known for being awkward and this is only GBP1000 I cannot think for one moment why they would freeze the payment.

Would put my complaint in writing, telling them that unless this payment is either made or returned by close of business today, you will be issuing court proceedings without further notice and you will be making a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

There is absolutely no point in hanging around.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. Can I help you any further with this? I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask. Kind regards Stuart

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will let you know shortly when I’m coming from the bank
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

No problem. In your own time.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Stuart