james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Shared drive, I always park so my neighbour can access her

Shared drive, I always park so my neighbour can access her garage. Twice friends have been over and blocked her drive. This was 2 mths ago just had a letter from her solicitor asking me for written confirmation I won't do this again
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We have a covenant for access
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
In December I had my front garden made into a drive so I didn't need to use the drive to access my garage. She needs to go up the drive to get to her garage which she doesn't use at all.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The solicitor letter is asking that I give written confirmation that I will keep the right of way clear. Which I am I don't intend to park on the drive. She's blocked it more than me. How best to reply to the letter annoyed that I have had to pay 5k for my garden to be dug up so I don't go up the drive. This all happened 3 mtgs ago blocking her access, it was my sister inlaws funeral and a friend parked ther (we were in the wrong and I apologised after) the solicitor letter is so ridiculous when she's got access

Sorry to hear of the loss of your sister in law, please accept our condolences.

It does sound as if the neighbour has really over egged the pudding here by going to a solicitor when there really was no need.

I would advice that you reply to the solicitor, explain that it was a visitor how had parked there 3 months ago during a funeral.  Confirm that you have your own drive built and that this will not happen again.

That should be the end of the matter.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have to reply in 7 days! What if I didn't? I will but reply but was concerned and annoyed of the tone of the letter. How can they proceed when I am not doing anything wrong I park on my own drive.
Did you call? Someone's called and no response?

There really is little they can do, the most likely outcome would be to send you a "cease and desist letter" telling you not to do it again or face legal action.

So as you can see the next letter could be more confrontational.

It really is just simpler to reply and get the matter out the way.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Your welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.