How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 862
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now


This answer was rated:

Hello Dear
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: U.K
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I HAVE BEEN LEGALLY SEPARATED FOR 12 YEARS. I would like to get a divorce. My wife lives in Poland I live in U.K
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am looking for only divorce without financial settlement. My children are adults. I was wondering if would be possible for me to apply by myself to the Court in my case ?
And how difficult would be to deal with it. If the Court will send documents to Poland would they translate them into Polish by themselves before sending them to Poland or documents are sent in English?
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family law and dispute resolution so I'd be happy to offer some guidance on this matter .You could issue a sole application for divorce based upon the irretrievable breakdown of your marriage - a "no fault" divorce. You would need to obtain a translation of your marriage certificate first as you have to submit a digital copy/scan if you are applying online or a physical copy of the certificate if you are applying for a "paper" divorce.You could probably deal with it yourself if you just want a simple divorce and you are happy using the online system. You do need to be reasonably comfortable with IT.It would be worth informing your wife that you intend to start divorce proceedings otherwise she will have a bit of a shock when she receives a letter from the court asking her to login and acknowledge your divorce petition.
Here is the link allowing you to apply online:
Please bear in mind that, unless you have a low income or are in receipt of certain benefits, you'd have to pay the full £593 court fee to start divorce proceedings.
Good evening. I note I haven't heard anything further from you for a couple of days so I trust you're happy with my answers to your questions. Please let me know if you need any further help, otherwise, thank you for your question and for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J
JeremyT1020 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you