AkuaK
AkuaK, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109603637

Subject: qualifying to pay home student fees to attend a UK

Subject: qualifying to pay home student fees to attend a UK university. My son is a British citizen, is 15 years old, and has lived and gone to school in the UK since 2009, except for the most recent year when he moved to Vietnam with his mother for 1 year. He will return to live in London in July of this year. He is 15 and expects to go to university in the UK in 3 years time. If he goes on vacation with me (his father) for 1 month in August of this year, or any of the subsequent next 3 years, will this endanger his status as ordinarily resident and therefore eligible for home fees at UK universities, when he enrolls in 3 years and 3 months from now?
Good morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.
He is allowed to travel for 1 month without endangering his student finance When he enrols 3 years from now. He should not try to be outside the uk more than a year.