How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
AkuaK, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3012
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

Subject: qualifying to pay home student fees to attend a UK

This answer was rated:

Subject: qualifying to pay home student fees to attend a UK university. My son is a British citizen, is 15 years old, and has lived and gone to school in the UK since 2009, except for the most recent year when he moved to Vietnam with his mother for 1 year. He will return to live in London in July of this year. He is 15 and expects to go to university in the UK in 3 years time. If he goes on vacation with me (his father) for 1 month in August of this year, or any of the subsequent next 3 years, will this endanger his status as ordinarily resident and therefore eligible for home fees at UK universities, when he enrolls in 3 years and 3 months from now?
Good morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.
He is allowed to travel for 1 month without endangering his student finance When he enrols 3 years from now. He should not try to be outside the uk more than a year.
AkuaK and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you