james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

DE14 3NF, Court, False accusations

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: DE14 3NF
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: False accusations
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

For what are you attending court?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I received a letter about a year ago with a parking fine, but it's not me, I didn't even have a driver's license and I didn't try to explain the car and you sent me a lot of letters and now I got a letter to pay in 30 days

So do you have a court date?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
In 30 days star from 05/05/20
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I checked on money claim on gov and is not scam,because first time I tough so

Is that a court date or a date to pay by?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (17Q5QG2)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is the letter
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Next sheet sey no late to 28 days

OK, so a County court claim against you.

They in this case you need to reply to the claim, either accepting the claim, or denying the claim.

If you say this was not you, then deny the claim and challenge it. A date will then be set for a formal court hearing.

The parking company will produce their evidence about the car being parked where it was ands why they say the car is or was registered to you. They would obtain that information from DVLA.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I sent a letter to you a long time ago and it appears that I own a car, but how is that possible if I don't own one and I don't have a driver's license and I've never been to the city where he says I parked
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
DVLA*

Sorry who did you send a letter to?

Do you realise this is Just answer site you are talking on here, not the court, DVLA or the parking company?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I sent a letter to DVLAI sent a letter to DVLA
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Asking about who is the owner on the car
Understood, DVLA will not give you that information as a member of the public.

In this case, you need to reply to the court document, saying the car tis and was not yours, you have not been there, dont drive and therefore must be an error.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok,thank you

you are welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
after I send the letter and they keep saying that I was what I had to do

As explained, reply to the court, deny being the owner of the car or the driver. The court will then arrange a formal court hearing where both sides will give evidence.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok,thank you

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.