james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Financial affair with a person who has took a lot of me it

Customer Question

Financial affair with a person who has took a lot of me it needs seriously looked into
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North shields newcastle
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Police have been made aware and they have to not give this person anymore money and I haven't done that he has been blocked also and he's getting nasty in blocked texts
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He has some expensive electricals in his possession in his flat
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry. n

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Financial affair with certain ex partner, he has took a lot of money off me and hasn't really gave much of it back really I don't think plus he has bought a lot of kitchen appliances and there sitting in his home not mine with my money and hasn't intended to give them to me or give them to me plus I've got second-hand and he's used my money and bought brand new items kettle cooker washer dryer fridge freezer also had a tv unit and I am not sure of anything else haven't been to his and don't want too. I have blocked all contact he's getting nasty through texts and the police are aware of whats been going on and an officer has told me about 1month ago to stop giving it too him plus my bank have put my account on hold and I don't think the bank are very happy and I definetly am not
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can u call me later on today like about 2pm please as I am in a little pain with my elbow and wrist at the moment and may need to go to hospital for some sort of xray

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

How did he get hold of your money?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I sent it coz I am vulnerable have mental health issues and he blackmailed me said things and didn't come true it's over 3,000
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Said he was helping me but no he was just after money just took me used me and took a hold of cash off me and I've struggled for years coz of him

Understood. Then you need to report this again to the police as an offence of controlling and coercive behaviour, and if he is not making threats report that as well.

Unfortunately if you gave him the money rather than load the money then it is unlikely that will be able to be claimed back.

I would also advise seeking a formal non molestation order against him.

This is a court injunction to ban him contacting oy, coming near you etc.

If he breaches eh order he will be arrested and could go to prison.

The order can be applied for on line

https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It wasn't given in cash mostly through bank so there is proof of it

I understand, but was the money given to him, or loand to him, or did he take it from your bank without you knowing

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.