Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I'm struggling to find a legal dna test company that doesn't

Customer Question

Hi I'm struggling to find a legal dna test company that doesn't charge the earth I'm only on benefits and there seems to be no support to help me with the payment
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Andover Hampshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've done a peace of mind test on Mt daughter and he says he did his but its come back he's not the biological father, so I don't believe he did it himself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.
I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.
Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

How old is your daughter and why has he said he is not the father? for what reason?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My daughter is 8 and because we had a messy break up he demanded a peace of mind DNA test which has come back that he isn't the father, but I don't think he did the test himself
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

The only DNA test which is acceptable is one done with the court approved facility where there is no possibility of forging the result. So his result is worthless if it was one of the DIY results.

Unfortunately, they are expensive and the last time I looked at the cost it was about GBP800.

What you could do of course is a DIY test yourself where you know what happened with it and that he didn’t cheat.

If he refuses, the presumption is that he is the father.

If you refuse the presumption is that he is not.

Unless you have multiple partners, then you would be in a position to know whether he was the father or not.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Stuart