How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31740
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I want to talk to a lawyer regarding my situation which I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I want to talk to a lawyer regarding my situation which I need concrete advise
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I need a lawyer from the uk that understands housing and immigration
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Steps in what way ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have not taken any
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I can certainly assist you with your enquiries in relation to housing. Immigration is an entirely separate discipline and may or may not require the assistance of a specialist immigration lawyer depending upon the nature of your enquiries. Are you able to provide some further information in respect of your queries please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

do you have any further information you are able to kindly provide me in respect of the above please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.
If there is nothing further you can add I will be happy to provide a general answer on the above
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms your housing situation will depend upon whether you have a tenancy or a licence to occupy your current premises. Generally, if you have sole occupation of a particular premises and the landlord does not supply regular services such as weekly cleaning or cooking for example, then you should have a tenancy with a degree of security of tenure requiring the landlord to at least obtain an order from the court to obtain possession.

By contrast, If you occupy a property with a resident landlord or the landlord provides regular services such as weekly cleaning or cooking, then it is more likely that you will have a licence which means that a landlord can evict you with much greater ease offer without the need to obtain a court order

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.