Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I've been a victim of a forex trading scam, China, i got in

I've been a victim of a forex trading scam
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: China
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i got in touch with a lawer but the amout of £1500 isn't a higher enough loss
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can't think of anything
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay

I see you have already mentioned that you want to know about a scam you were involved in. Is there anything more specific that you would like to know about it? I also wanted to make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s really a matter of my initial investment. Has it completely gone

How did you pay the money in question and does the company have a website I can check?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
International transfer from my bank
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
zhongding trading limited
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
300 LOCKHART WAN CHAI HK
Do they have a website?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the receiving bank was CMB Wing Lung bank 45 des voeux road Hong w
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hong Kong

I still need a website  for the company please, not just an address, thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It doesn’t open up when I click on it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
https://www.cmbwinglungbank.com/wlb_corporate/en/index.html
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Worked that time

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

Forex and crypto scams are rife these days, considering the popularity of trading in these markets. Unfortunately, once you have been scammed, it becomes increasingly difficult to do anything about it and recover your losses.

I must honestly advise you that it is very rare for victims of such scams to get any money back, or for the scammers to be dealt with. The reasons for this are as follows:

1. The scammers are located abroad, often in countries where the authorities are far from efficient in dealing with such crimes. They are very good at hiding their tracks and real identities and use all sorts of computer trickeries to do so, like re-routing calls or hiding behind computer proxies, all with fake identities. Also, as there are far too many scams like this and there are simply not enough resources to deal with them all.

2. Even if you manage to locate the scammers, you can't force the authorities to act and apprehend them and to recover any money for you. All you can do is report them but what happens next is up to the authorities. The alternative is to sue the scammers directly, however that is likely to be a pointless exercise – they will unlikely participate in the claim or follow the rule of the law, even if ordered to pay by a court.

In order to report this, you should contact Action Fraud (The National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre), by calling 0300(###) ###-####or online: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime

You should also approach your bank to see if they can do anything about it

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay Ben thanks

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay I will

Great, thanks