How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 439
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I have a Consent order, can my ex come after me for more

This answer was rated:

I have a Consent order, can my ex come after me for more money in the future if my business performance improves?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The consent order is from Family court Norwich England. My ex nowl lives on Cephalonia at our villa which is to be sold as part of the setlement
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have an offer on the villa but my ex wants more than the court order
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have paid for a phone call that is what I want
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please refund the £44 aa no phone call has been provided and confirm refund has been paid
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok please answer original question
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
whats happening?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
you are not responding why ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Am i doing something wrong...when will you start the chat?

Apologies i was away from my computer!

I am not available for calls, i can write back. If you want the call which you requested i can opt out and allow an available expert to take over?

Do let me know how you wish to proceed..

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
answer my question

Do you have a copy of your consent order that you can upload so i can advise you better as it ultimately depends on the wording contained in the order as to whether it prevents future claims.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no but it states Liberty to apply the parties shall have liberty to apply to the court concerning the implementation and timing of the terms of this order

If i could see the order i can advise better. As long as there has been full and frank disclosure and there are appropriate clauses  it should minimise future, however there is no guarantee a party could not make a claim in the future however the terms of the order would then be a factor in those proceedings and what the terms stipulated and what was disclosed.

Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 439
Experience: Expert
Inderdeep and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok that covers my first point. \she is ib reach of the order as she will not agree to sell unless i agree she can have more money from the sale of the villa than the order allows. How do i proceed/ amd how would i enforce the ordeer in Greece where the villa is and where she resides untill it is sold?

I can only advise in regard enforcement in the UK courts and not in Greece unfortunately.

I will opt out and allow another expert who has experience in that aspect to take over. Please bear with us whilst we find you an expert.

Thank you for your time on the phone as discussed you need to apply for recognition of the order in Greece and can then enforce it. Take care