Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Is it possible to get a judge's opinion on the liklihood of

Is it possible to get a judge's opinion on the liklihood of success in challenging a covenant before taking the challenge to court?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cornwall
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: This is a case from 2016, and a barrister's opinion was obtained in the possible success of a challenge. He gave 60 to 70% of success
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The covenant stated that a playing field should be retained as an open space. The local Council wished to build a modern concrete skate park on part of the field which had a basketball court and fenced off play areas.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I clarify, are you effectively referring to " testing the waters" before issuing a formal application to court or I misunderstood please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am certainly "testing the waters" but was led to believe that you can apply to a judge in chambers (for a fee) to obtain an idea of the liklihood of success. I wanted to check this before reporting back to the owner of the playing field.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would just like to know if this facility is available and for information on how to take advantage of it.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is this conversation going any further please

I'm sorry for the delay in reverting to you. Sadly I'm not able to speak to you on the phone due to work commitments this afternoon and because you had requested a phone call, I left this open for other colleagues to accept but it seems no-one has. I can continue to assist here in chat if you do not wish to wait any longer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am happy to leave this open for now and you can message me if you are able to obtain an answer in due course - as I said, I just would like to know if the facility to obtain advice on this from a judge exists or is it fantasy. If it does exist how do I access this.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I presume I am not being charged more for leaving this open. I have not accepted any other offer than the original phone call. Please respond

there are no further charges to far as I'm aware for you to leave this thread open. So far as I can see, one of my colleagues has now picked up your call request and should be contacting you shortly if indeed you are not already speaking

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please forward the answer to my phone. I am going to log out now.

thank you. I'm sure my colleague will contact you presently