Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Myself and my partner have been renting in the same 🏠 for

Myself and my partner have been renting in the same 🏠 for 12 year's and we pay 435 every month rent well our landlord is selling the house and we have done so much to the house but can't get a mortgage with our credit score the morgage hut will give us a mortgage by
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: But need 16 grand deposit
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Penywaun aberdare cf44 9AL
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My partner works full time and we are both

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

1. I am very sorry to read of the above. May I clarify your comment that you have done "so much to the house". is this in the form of repairs or improvements please?
  2. do you have some questions on the above that I can assist with?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We pay 435 every month so if we could buy it we would be better off because less money morgage will be 390 a month
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We have fitted new bathroom and had gas put in because it was coal fire
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My partner works full time for Monmouthshire housing association and job is secure been there years

1. thank you. Have you approached any mortgage broker to date?
  2. is the landlord proposing to compensate you for any of the repairs or improvements you have carried out?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We haven't mentioned it we are trying to buy it but need help with less deposit
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We got some deposit 8 thousand but they want 16
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We need advice

1. my apologies for the delay in reverting to you. May I confirm if you approached any mortgage brokers to date please?
  2. is it the mortgage lenders that are seeking a higher deposit or the sellers?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Mortgage lender is seeking higher deposit

May I confirm if you approached any mortgage brokers to date please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the mortgage hut

Thank you. Have you approached any other brokers such as Charcol for example which work with a broad range of lenders? I do not suggest your current broker does not but different brokers work with a different range of lenders and are restricting yourself to one broker, you may be limiting your options.

Naturally, brokers are limited in themselves by the market which of course fluctuates over time both in terms of interest rates but also in terms of requirements as regards ***** ***** value. however spreading your enquiries more widely is likely to be most beneficial in terms of potentially finding a mortgage that suits your needs

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Because our credit score is low we can't get any one to give us a mortgage for example banks and other ones but mortgage hut is willing to give us one but 16 grand deposit because credit score is low we have rented the house for 12 year's and never missed a month rent we pay 435 every month for all those years our landlord is selling up and we would love to buy it but can't get a mortgage with decent deposit also we would save money buying it because the mortgage payments are less 380 so much better of we would be also we got 8 grand deposit but they want 16 grand

Sadly finance can often be a bar to exercising legal rights and options. There will not always be a fix available.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Could you just explain basic to me because struggle understanding some things just say it what it is straight
Essentially if you can't secure a mortgage indijt see how it would be possible to buy the house. 

If that's the case you could ask the landlord to lower the price perhaps as recognition for the work you have done to improve the property - some tmof that you may be able to claim for anyway.

Otherwise you may need to consider another slightly cheaper property as an alternative which is within the mortgage lenders deposit requirements

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Reason deposit is so high because we can't get credit for anything credit history was bad so low credit score only mortgage hut will give us one if we have thet amount deposit

I'm very sorry to read of the above. I hope the above provides you with at least one or two options to consider

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now though I am sorry not as you would have hoped. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
None of the wiser really but it's because of our credit score is low and deposit is so high
I understand - it is frustrating practical problem to which there is not always an immediate solution unfortunately