james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I really need to talk to someone about my insurance company,

Hi, I really need to talk to someone about my insurance company
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: car insurance
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Northampton
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my claim has been miss handled..I made a claim on the 14th of January 2022, upto now nothing has been done
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Please confirm what the claim is in connection with.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I don’t know if you can see the picture I have just attached, but that was the proof from when I made the claim
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What happened was I made a claim on the 14th Jan the insurance told me that they would contact me and send an engineer to view the care
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That person did not come until I pressure them and told them that I need to have a car fixed or get a new car considering it was not safe on road
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Here is the picture to the car
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am insured with haven insurance
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
when I first Register the car the gentleman that took my details asked me how much I bought the car which was £4300 and then convinced me to put that as the market value being a new mum and I needed to drive my car I just agreed he didn’t advise me I had to check on the Internet to see the market value for the car. So when I made Claim They told me that they would offer me £4300 which is what was on my policy.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I then told the total loss to check online to see how much value my car was now which the highest was £6800.

Ok what is your question ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They then told me that they don’t have a problem with offering me what’s on the market value but the amount I put on the policy is what they would give me and that’s when I explained that the gentleman that helped me to register the car convinced me to put the price because it’s what I negotiated with the seller. The total loss department told me to contact my brokers to discuss that situation with them which I was happy to do so and then I had the discussion with the brokers and they said they would look for the conversation that happened when I registered the car with them. They sent me an email with a password ***** I will attach saying that they’ve provided me a Temporarily ID and a password ***** View the conversation that happened between myself and the broker that registered Micheal at the time. The passwords did not work and ID and I have been contacting them so many times but my case has been mishandled

The amount on the policy is an estimated value. That is what it says there.

Contact the company again tell them that. Also tell them the password ***** does not work, and if they don’t resolve this you will lodge a formal complaint to the insurance ombudsman.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My case is miss handled and no one is really doing anything about it until I contact them and when I do they’re always tossing me here and there. It has been five months and I’m still Here waiting for them to do something about it
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I did tell several times that the money on the policy was an estimated one not the actual price. Which they really and stand by what they said that they can not offer me and other that that. The gentleman at the brokers who registered my car he said don’t worry this is just an estimated price and that’s what I told them that they stand by what they said that they cannot give me more Oreos or take the car back.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
they said that if I don’t want the amount they giving me they Will give me back the car. I told them that does that mean I don’t have a right to make a claim because I thought that was the whole reason of having an insurance company.

Sorry to say all you can do is lodge a complaint to the insurance company and also to the ombudsman

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I told them too that the ID and password ***** not work but no one replied back to me
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I also logged a complaint to them and no one has replied back to me in regards ***** ***** complaint that’s why I feel that the whole case has been miss handled
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also my policy expired round about the same time The total loss took the car however I did not renew the policy I woke up today and money is being taken away from my account for the car when I called in the company said we was to take money away from you until they pay you which I think is not fair I had not renewed the policy so they don’t have a right to take money away from me and that the stand by the word.

I fully understand what you are saying.

Again all you can do is lodge a formal complaint as I have explained, if the company do like reply and sort this then you must complian to the insurance ombudsman.

That is how you resolve this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you so much
Your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
At the insurance ombudsman, which department to I go to for the compliance

on the web site click consumers then how to complain it will guide you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. Thanks again

You are very welcome.