How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31676
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

Dear Staff, What are your fees for a Property Transfer form

Customer Question

Dear Staff, What are your fees for a Property Transfer form and appointment with a Judge?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The Strand Court in London likely, and the properties are near West Moseley, Hampton Court Palace. I am near Washington D.C. and need an attorney to assist with a family property transfer, residences for two, au pair payments, and gifts.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Dear Staff,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have tried to contact a few law firms but have not found one yet. I found the HM Land Registry Transfer of Whole Title Form. We still need an appointment with a Judge.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

the mayor clarify why you require an appointment with the judge? What exactly are you seeking to achieve please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Attorney Joshua, Thank you for your kind assistance. We need to transfer the Estate of my Great Aunt Margaret from the first daughter (Kelly in Philadelphia) to me (a granddaughter/also considered her daughter). Kelly was given the estate many years ago when I was around 4 and I don't have the documentation. I will have to make an appointment with a Judge to resolve the transfer from Kelly to me, or file a civil case with her (or her family) if they are not cooperative. We also have to pay our au pair families here (Philadelphia and Virginia) and set up our residences and give gifts to another Great Aunt. Would you please tell me if you can represent my interests in this case and my role is the Administer and Manage the Estate now, and then it will be given back to Kelly? Respectfully, ***** ***** Nita
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

thank you. May I clarify how this relates to the UK please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Attorney Joshua, The Estate of Great Aunt Margaret is in the area of West Moseley, Hampton Court Palace. Can you represent me? I am a Senior Financial Analyst (KPMG contractor) MBA, Economics from the University of Virginia, living outside of Washington D.C. Respectfully, ***** ***** Nita
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

this is a legal information service and as such, I am not able to represent you I regret.

If you have been appointed as executor for your great aunts will, and require representation in this respect which I can readily see that you would if you are located overseas and in particular, if thee estate involves property, you can source a solicitor that may be able to assist you at the following link selecting "Wills trust and probate" in the drop down "legal issue" box:

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Attorney Joshua, Thank you - I have contacted 3 firms from this list. What is the next step if I can not find a firm to represent me? Respectfully, ***** ***** Nita
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

they should not be an issue with finding representation unless there is difficulty in agreeing retainer terms which will often be more restrictive firms want to ensure that they are paid which can be more difficult where a client is based abroad and is unwilling to pay.

If you are struggling to find a firm you may consider trying some of the larger firms which are quite used to acting for international clients such as the following:

Both of which are larger firms as above but are not magic circle firms which tend to charge premium prices.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Attorney Joshua, Thank you for your assistance and I contacted both firms. What are your hours, or would I speak to a different attorney on call? Respectfully, ***** ***** Nita
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me. I am generally available between around 8.30am and 6pm UK time and from time to time outside of these hours

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.