How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31614
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My lord who is association call me n seeking possession has

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My lord who is association call me n seeking possession has been issued today
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: B4 i did ave a agreement with them . N i keep it
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: About a year i madecan agreement n i pay the agreement.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The say has long i am paying the agreement they ho to court
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But i am confused can some1 call me pl
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

  1. May I confirm from what you say your landlord as the housing association please?
  2. if so, having issued a section 8 notice giving you notice of eviction?
  3. If so, what is the ground or grounds for the notice?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What i dont understand is y would they issue me seeking possession has been issued
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

are you able to kindly assist me with my above three enquiries please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Fir owing rent £5295..
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But I was in agreement with them. Still paying them
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They told me today that has long I keep up the payment.they won’t take me to court. But what the point of issuing me that wat I am confusing
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

Thank you. From what you say the housing association is likely to be giving itself options - that is to say if you fail to keep up repayments if they have already issued the notice, it would be quicker for them to then subsequently issue proceedings in court because they would not have to first serve notice following any default on your part.

there is a more cynical interpretation which is that they are not acting in good faith and ideally, be able to secure their commitment that they were not issued possession proceedings if you keep payments in accordance with your agreement in writing in order that you can rely on this as a defence if they do issued possession proceedings in breach of their agreement with you in this respect

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.
I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for ur reply so has long as I make payment they can’t take me to court. R eviction me
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

As above I would recommend you get the agreement in writing if you don't already.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I told her n she put in the email. So i got it
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I'm glad you have the document in writing

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I add u to that
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I'm afraid I can't provide site support. However customer services will be more than happy to assist you with the same. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link or on 0808(###) ###-#### There are also self-service options regarding your membership available from the same below link: