ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Do you give advice on applying for a British passport?

Customer Question

Hi do you give advice on applying for a British passport?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Britain
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing really, just have been researching but find it a bit complicated
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a Danish passport but I was born in the UK and lived here for my whole life
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Nothing else just passport application advice
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not interested in a call, thanks
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You would be applying for what is called your first British passport.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Please see below link with information on how you go about applying

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that is right
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not think I have a British nationality is there another way of applying for the passport.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

If you were born in the UK, you may be entitled to British citizenship.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think my parents tried that way but they declined it as when I was born neither of my parents had a British passport or indefinite to stay.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

I am unable to recommend a route for you to apply through if you do not automatically qualify. The difficulty is that this would be too wide an area for me to review via this platform.I do believe you may benefit from a face to face consult with a solicitor.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** *****