How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7164
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Is it possible to take out a restraining order on a 15 year

This answer was rated:

Is it possible to take out a restraining order on a 15 year old who has threatened and attacked my child without provocation.
JA: Was a protective order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: My child was threatened in school and this was reported. On her return this evening she was violently attacked. Police informed - still waiting their visit. School informed. My child is frightened to go to school. But will go. She has some bruising. Attack seen to be videos . What is our position re her safety - an adult under threat could apply for a restraining order - does this also apply to minors
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: Yes to both questions. Attack reported by several people who witnessed it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Attack unprovoked.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks James. I’ll await a response

Very sorry hear what has happened to your daughter, I hope she is ok.

Although she has been threatened in school and attacked one the way home from school, she is still the victim of a criminal assault and you need to make sure that this is reported to the police and that you obtain a crime reference number. Do not be bullied by the police in to being told the school can deal with the matter, you can insist that the police deal with this as a criminal offence and not simply a school disciplinary matter.

The police can arrest the people who attacked your daughter and put bail conditions on them. If the matter goes to court the court can indeed put a restraint order on them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks that’s very helpful.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you