12826847

The police have contacted me and asked me to go to the

Hello, so the police have contacted me and asked me to go to the station for an informal discussion regarding an allegation of assault. Should I be asking for a solicitor for this discussion
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, reading
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the alleged assault was an incident at home with a housemate where I saw him about to raise his hand on me so I pulled his hair, in return my housemate punched me back, then the fight was stopped by my boyfriend who is the only witness for this incident
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.

Yes, you absolutely should.

You should not be being interviewed without a solicitor.

This should not cost you.

This is almost certainly a common assault so not the most serious but that is not the point.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there a possibility that this might end up being a serious case. I’m just a university student and I never expected it to get this far

Yes, its always possible.

It depends what they've alleged. People do lie sometimes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will a solicitor help me in finding out all the details of the complaint

Not in advance but before the interview, they would be given disclosure.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thankyou very much jo

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.