How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16350
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I would like to ask about the requirements for the Marriage

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to ask about the requirements for the Marriage Visitor Visa, for the Sponsor and for the applicant.
Best regards.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't filed any paperwork. I live in Argentina. I'm Argentinian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, nice to meet you. I'm planning to go to the UK in July for 6 months. I was there visiting my fiance in February. I wanna know if the best option to go now it's only going as a tourist or if I can get the marriage visitor visa and get married now because my plan is to move to the UK with a Spouse Visa next year. I wanted to know the requirements for a Marriage visitor visa for me as well as the requirements for my fiance
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.


A Marriage Visitor Visa allows you tp travel to the UK, get married and then leave again.  You would need to show that the marriage ceremony and other functions have all been arranged and paid for.

It may be that you are better off applying for a Fiancee Visa, once you are ready to marry.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,