12826847

I would like to know what I can do concerning stopping

I would like to know what I can do concerning stopping someone from using my private chats with them out in public. I had said negative things about a third party - out of hurt - and they were malicious untruthful stuff. The person I have chatted with is trying to extort the third party and I am worried she will use my words for further extortion of him and spread them publicly to back her case.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

I'm afraid that you cannot do that. If you have written something downthen the person to whom you wrote is not bound by confidentiality and can do with them as they wish.

Just because they are private chats doesn't mean that he cannot share them.

Of course that is not to say that he can commit other offences such as blackmail but that isn't quite what you are describing here.

If it is just that he is saying that he is going to act upon your private chats then I'm afraid he is free to do that

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Jo. Is there any way she can served with a letter that says she is not permitted to use the chats?

I can call if you want me to later today but obviously I have answered above.

You can write to her as you wish.  But she is permitted to use them in law.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The 44 pounds have been deducted from my card so I might as well have the call to explain further

Ok, as I said, I can call later today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you I will be waiting for your call

What time suits you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Anytime. The sooner the better.

I can probably do mid morning ish

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright I will be waiting for your call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
perfect I will be waiting for the call

Are you in the UK?

Tried calling but no answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There are no missed calls on my number. It’s +971 56(###) ###-####

no answer again.

I think this is because you seem to be outside the UK?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am outside the UK but the party involved is in the UK

That will explain why the calls aren't working.  It doesn't work outside the UK.

I could do this online