Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My late mother purchased some hearing aids at considerable

Good morning, my late mother purchased some hearing aids at considerable cost. They are still under warranty and I have asked the company she bought them from whether they would buy them back. They have declined and suggested to donate them to a charity.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My question is this.. they repeatedly keep telling me they can not be moulded for somebody else but now they say to donate them. How would that work for somebody else considering they cannot be cha6 Changed.
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't responded back to the company as yet asking why I should donate them considering that they would not fit anyone else.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else. Thank you
Hello there, how do you do? I am Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for the inquiry
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am based in East Sussex

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear of this. Unless they were within the first 14 days of purchase you really won't have legal grounds to return it and request a refund especially where they are custom made and calibrated to mum's hearing ability. I am not sure why they are saying they can be donated to charity however that is a question for them to respond to you, I am aware that a lot of glasses are donated to charity but their argument is for people in the less priviliged countries will accept and find a way to modify and use as something would be better than nothing.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to review your question. We are always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you. Do not hesitate to return and request @Solicitor4All to enable me to see your question without delay.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I did get a reply back from the hearing specialists stating due to regulatory conditions they cannot change or program them.

You are welcome. That must make sense because if they can not resell them they would need to be sold on and that presents them a practical difficulty.

All the very best and should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to send me your message.