How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1687
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Though greece and they say I need a schengen visa is this

This answer was rated:

I'm Transit though greece and they say I need a schengen visa is this true. As it say on website if your uk full passport holder you can go there visa free
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Schengen visa
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No it's just that

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

To answer your enquiry, yes, you don't need a Schengen Visa if you hold a British Passport as British nationals do not need a visa to enter the nation.

However, if you are currently a foreign national from countries like India, China, Russia, or the Philippines residing in the United Kingdom, you will be required to obtain a visa to visit Greece.

Also, if you want to stay longer, to work or study, for business, or for other reasons, you will need to meet the Greek government’s entry requirements. In that case, you should check with the Greek Embassy what type of visa and/or work permit, if any, you may need.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm English. They say I need as I'm changing airlines but all information on Web say I don't.

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct?

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will someone else call me back today ?

In your case, since you are English. I would recommend you to contact the Greece Embassy in the UK. You may also check their website here: Greece Embassy

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've been in contact with the email. They say I need as I change airlines in Greece but when I go onto Web to get it. Its say if full uk passport holder you don't need.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help today

No, it would be visa-free if you are a British National. If not, then you should apply for a tourist visa.

Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.