How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1212
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I am looking to speak to someone regarding my son appeal for

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i am looking to speak to someone regarding my son appeal for Wallington grammar school under compassionate grounds as he did not pass the 11 plus exam
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have I am in the Uk london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have generated his current school report that shows he achieving greater depth and evidence of my divorce last year which didn’t help my sons stress hence he didn’t do well in exams I also live 5 min away from the school and provided with my housing documents
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thank you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Under extenuating circumstance is there any chance of my wining this appeal on basis we live 5 min away from the school and that he is now performing at greater depth although he didn’t pass the exam due to family crisis as we were under going a difficult divorce which hit him hard and he was not focused and stressed over this
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What else can I provide and say to help win a his appeal please I’m looking for advice
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have already provided wiht appeal documents of his current school achieving in greater depth and letter form head school, documents as prove of divorce and document to show we are living close to school

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In any case, if you think that your son's performance in the exam has been affected by illness or personal circumstances, you should talk to his school about this as soon as possible.

It is important that you raise any such instances before his school submits his grade.

You should provide any evidence that could support your claim. May it be a letter from the doctor stating your son's stress.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This is for year 7 appeal

Yes, I am fully aware.

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank I will continue on this platform wiht you please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I do not have medical documents of his stress during the divorce
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But do you think what I have provided so far for the panel is suffice and does it hold much weight
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Please bear with me as I will review your details above.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you

I believe the documents you provided to the panel will suffice, even if you don't have medical records of your son's condition as a result of the divorce. The Panel Members may ask questions at any time to you during the hearing. This will be your opportunity to state your case.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Do you think there is much hope in this appeal
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also how do I get hold of stats on school to show exactly how many children get admitted in year 7 each year
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also the school suggesting that because he didn’t pass exams they feel offering him a seat will be more detrimental as he won’t be able to cope with pressure. What can I say to that?

There is always hope in every appeal, especially in your case. As to your other query, the response depends entirely on you.

Also, you may ask the school about how many children are getting admitted in year seven each year.

Your case would also benefit from being reviewed by a local solicitor, would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you suggest what I can maybe say that it won’t be causing his harm by giving him a seat as he is doing well even though he didn’t pass

Yes, you should tell them you believe it won't cause any harm to him since he has been doing well lately.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you