MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Can a son or daughter share the mothers/fathers personal

Can a son or daughter share the mothers/fathers personal information banking ect to a third party without his or her consent?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Unsure as to who they have shared information with at this stage but we are confident it is happening as the mother/father has dementia
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Five siblings..two have EPO and other siblings are wanting to look at past accounts...but can they share that information with others without consent?

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

No. This is likely to be a breach of the agreement the parents have with the bank. The bank does not permit the sharing of your personal security information with anyone.

In this case, if money was to be wrongly appropriated from your account, suspicion might fall on your family member.

Also, if money has been wrongly taken by a third party, the fact that you have breached your bank’s terms and conditions may mean that they do not have to cover the loss, even if they would have done so had you not breached their agreement.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need to know the terminology I need to use to warn a sibling not to pass any of my mother's personal details that he is viewing to anyone else that she would not want to be able to view it, due to her moving into a care home and her house is being sold..she would not wish or want her information being shown or discussed with anyone other than her children..I hope that makes sense..(I have strong feelings that a sibling would pass finance and personal information on to others.. any advice is welcome

In such cases, you would be best instructing a local solicitor to do this and to deal with the case on your behalf on a formal basis. Would you like details on how to locate one?

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct? 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.