How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7164
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I would like to know how to get my driving license back i.e

This answer was rated:

I would like to know how to get my driving license back i.e motorcycle, i had a motor accident in july 2015 and dvla revote it on fed 2016 not been able to get a job not able to do my hobby motorcycle touring they are saying i have damaged my peripheral, I have 20/20 vision, they are people out there with 1/ one eye 2/ with double vision 3/ tannal vision and i have both eyes read numbewr plate's up to 30 meter hi way code says 25 mater is there anyway i can over turn it and get it back and start getting my life back
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Docter hospital optician cab, have no idea where to go or what to do, took them to count in Nov 2019 and lost, my life is over at age 63 no more work no hobbys, bike in garage unable to ride took 10 years to get it, now unable to ride, i love touring on or would do unable to ride with friends
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, i have the last life in a 7 years portfile that is my life
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (TQ5T3SL)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i can get my life back
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

To be able to receive your licence back, you would need to write to the DVLA and request this. As it was taken away on medical grounds, you would need to establish and prove with solid medical evidence and reports that you are now fully fit and well with no medical concerns that should prohibit the return of the licence.

If the DVLA then still rejects the application, you would then have the opportunity again to appeal this to the Magistrates court.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (Q1Z3723)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
just like to get my life back before I pass I am 63 years old, love to tour on the bike for another 10 years if I live that long

Nice bike, looks like a Harley Davison ?

Then make another reapplication to the DVLA as advised above, Send your medical evidence ask see what happens if they still refuse and the magistrates then refuse on appeal again, the only other option after that would be a judicial  review.

But you need to apply to DVLA again first

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
where do I go here or do I just sit or lie down and die

As I have explained above, you need to re apply ti DVLA with your supporting medical evidence.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
was not able to help me in any way or give me any advice on where to go or to get any help

I did not phone it must have been someone else.

lease read my earlier replies that contain the information you need to follow.