MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Can I offer accommodation and financial support to a non-EU

Can I offer accommodation and financial support to a non-EU friend who wishes to learn English in the UK for a few months?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the UK and I have settled status. I haven't talked to a lawyer yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There's nothing else I can think of

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Yes you can offer accommodation and financial support to your non EU friend. In that case, your friend need to include documents that support his/her application when they send it off. The online form will give them guidance on what to include, but here are some things to keep in mind.

If their documents aren’t in English or Welsh, they will need to provide certified English translations of their documents with the originals. Each translation has to include:

• confirmation from the translator that it’s an accurate translation of the original

• the date of the translation

• the translator's full name and signature

• the translator's contact details

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Martin, thank you for your response. Which online form would that be?

This will be advised within their online application for settlement.