How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5981
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I having problem with my ex partner He was arrested today,

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I having problem with my ex partner He was arrested today
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hatfield
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They let him out now sinc morning
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And we having a baby together

Hello, how are you today?

My name is ***** ***** I am going to see if I can assist with your query. Let me just read your first post. I may need to ask you additional questions after I have read it, and if I do, they will appear in my next response. It is important you answer all the questions I ask, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response.

JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.  So your partner has been arrested, what was this for?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We are not together since november last year. In november he was aggressive to me and he was arrested. He is drug addict like amfetamin marihuaną and beer.

Okay, so what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have questions about baby

Okay, please ask them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Because he want to take a baby but l am scared cos he can be on the drugs
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He is a father he has rights but lm scarry
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Baby has 11 monts

So he is named on the baby's birth certificate?

Have you let him take the baby previously?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
he is
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I did because l was thinking he stopy with drugs but he didnt

In that case you should stop contact if you have safeguarding concerns.  This is what you will be advised to do if social services were notified that he has a child and they contact you.

If he doesn't like that you have stopped contact, then he can go to court and let the court assess whether he should be able to see the baby or not.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it's best not to contact him and nit give him a baby
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
wait for the case in court
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Yes, that's correct.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The police officer told me to go tomorrow to citizens advice and ask about it but l did it right now with you. Shall l call or go to ca tomorrow or not?

You can still go to Citizens Advice if you want to. It's up to you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But probably l will get the same answers

Quite likely.

All you have to do is refuse the father contact. Tell him that his drug taking and arrest are safeguarding concerns and that if he wishes to see the child, you will be happy for him to do so in a supervised setting, and if he's not happy with that, that he can go to court.  Then it is up to him whether he gets a supervised contact centre sorted out or applies to court.

SASH_Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome.

Glad I could assist.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FOR SASH_Law ONLY in the subject heading, or, once you have rated this question you will be able to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. When you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law. 

All the best!