Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I live in a housing association property. I had rising damp

i live in a housing association property. I had rising damp for over five years before my housing association repaired my leaking pipes. In the meantime my walls are damaged, my amtico flooring has been pulled up and cannot be reused. the housing association just put floor boards to replace the damage. I asked them to replace for me like for like as the damage only came about as a result of their not doing the repair when it was reported. I have complained to them; they sent me an unsatisfactory response. I elevated it to stage 2 of the complaints procedure and got no response within their allocated time. I elevated it to stage 3, and they have still ignored me, again going against their complaints procedure. Am i entitled to legal aid to take this to court or what else might you advise?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London N16
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Wrtiten to my housing association and elevated it to stages 2 and 3 which were both ignored. (did you read my first message)?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can send pictures of the way they left my kitchen floor and damaged walls as well as all my written correspondence with the HA.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have they reply to your last complaint?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear. I would advise you make a formal complaint to the housing ombudsman who may look into this matter further. You can find more information here:https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk
I hope this helps. Best wishes
Hi, I can see you have made a phone call request. An expert should call you if that is the case. Best wishes