How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3978
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

My issue relates to immigration, I live in the UK. Have

This answer was rated:

Hello, my issue relates to immigration
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK. Have applied for a health and care worker visa but my student visa has run out. Need to know if my application will be valid or whether I need to apply for another visa. My cit9is Nigerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: Hello, my issue is with immigration
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, thanks

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

As long as you have submitted visa application for Health and care worker visa before the expiry of your current student  visa , then you have nothing to worry about.

You can stay in the UK while your application is being decided by virtue of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which allows a a person who has submitted an in-time application to extend their stay in the UK.

You can continue to live and work in the UK as per the visa condition of your previously granted student  visa., while your visa application is being decided.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello, I have not submitted the application. I was waiting to get a certificate of sponsorship which I am yet to get. If my application will be deemed invalid, then I need to know if I can apply for a fiancee visa while still in the UK
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your help

Well you need to make valid application before the expiry of your current visa.

If your visa application is refused then you would have to leave the UK or appeal the refusal .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please what are my options because my student visa is already expired?

Well if your visa has already expired then you would be classified as over stayer , and this will affect your chances of getting future UK visa.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there no remedy to my situation except leaving the country?

You can leave voluntarily and apply for Health and care worker visa from your country to return back to the UK.

I trust this helps.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you make a case for me, if I don't want to leave just yet? The possibility of my return if I leave now may be slim considering I am already an overstayer.

Kindly note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, not a substitution to full legal services. just answer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Legal representation in contentious or non-contentious form is not possible on Just Answers.

For Legal representation, you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, or by area of practice that would be Immigration.

Thank you. Best wishes.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Best wishes.