Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My question relates to a commercial building owned by my

Good morning, my question relates to a commercial building owned by my family which needs re-roofing. We selected a company who we thought were reputable but they seem not to be. We've paid approximately £44,000 towards the cost of the new steel and, after 6 months with the project not having started, the company has given us the option to pull out and they have offered us a refund. I've since uncovered some information which has led me to believe that the person is question is not reliable and so far we have not received any of our money back. I'd like to know how long we should wait to receive our money and then what the next steps are please. Thank you.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Herefordshire but the building is in Shropshire and the person concerned is in Staffordshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: So far I have set up a deposit account for the money to be paid into and sent those details to the person/company in question. He has said he will get the money refunded but we haven't received anything yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: At this stage things are amicable and 'professional' but I'm concerned that the situation may quickly change. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above. May I confirm if you are dealing with the trader as a sole trader or as a limited company please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I actually don't know. I thought we were dealing with a limited company but I can't find them listed on Companies House so I suspect it's a sole trader. The company is Azex Asbestos Removal Experts.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can the money for the phone call be refunded please?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do we proceed from here please?

I'm sorry for the delay in reverting to you - I noted that you requested a phone call which was picked up by one of my colleagues but I'm not sure if you now wish to proceed with that phone call or prefer to continue here in chat. Would you be able to kindly clarify this point please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'd still like a phone call if possible please.

That should be fine. Sadly I'm not able to call you myself as it was not me that picked up your call request but rather it was one of my colleagues. if you are happy to continue to wait ( hopefully no more than a relatively short period of time) I am sure my colleague will make contact in the near future. However if not customer services will be more than happy to assist you with reaching out to my colleague or alternatively, with a refund as you prefer. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link or on 0808(###) ###-####

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

I am happy to continue to assist here in chat if you would like if and when you wish to do so.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I'll continue to wait for your colleague to call. To be honest I panicked when I received the message saying the call was not available and I'd already paid. Given the situation I'm requesting advice on I realise it's made me very nervous of the internet and paying for things up front.

This site is bonafide - I have worked with the site for over 10 years and it is a very professional operation. As above, I'm sure my colleague will make contact in the near future but if you run out of patience, please revert to me, I will be very happy to continue here in chat

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your reassurance.

if I can be of any further assistance, please revert to me

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do.

many thanks